Tuesday, February 24, 2026

Heroin Chic is Back, What Do We Do Now?

No, I do not feel like putting a trigger warning. You read anything I post with your own discretion. 


One could say that in the past 3 years or so, or whenever Ozempic became popular (especially amongst celebrities), being skinny is back in style. It does not make sense for bodies to go in and out of style, but listen to what I have to say. 

Scrolling on social media, I see my favorite celebs, influencers, and popular folk that I could give less of a damn about getting skinnier, and skinnier by the day. As I always say, it's jarring to see. Everyone must aim to be healthy, sure, but losing weight purely because of trends? Or how other people expect you to look? Not okay. 

My biggest fear is that young girls will look up to these influential people and place unnecessary expectations on themselves. I have done the same growing up. Younger Gen Z and Gen Alpha grew up with the internet as it is today. Not to say that it wasn't as bad before, with the whole ed tumblr and twitter era, but I digress, it's still not...a good thing. 

This whole new "trend," as one could put it, is beyond strange because did we not just have a whole body positivity movement? I am confused as to why we are going backwards. We all know how harmful the body trends of the 90s and early 2000s were, so why are we setting ourselves back?

Come to think of it, we could be going back due to the rise of conservatism in our country, but that is an ENTIRELY different topic.

But, back to the young girls, it's not just affecting them, too. It's affecting all ages. Genders as well. I have read through countless debates and arguments over this topic. Believe it or not, yes, hold my phalanges when I say this- being skinny is back in style. And it's spreading rapidly. 

I'm not just saying that to be funny. I've begun to notice things about myself as this trend/topic is becoming more popular. I've also noticed how people talk about themselves lately, even my own friends. 

Please, for God's sake (and your own), do not feel the need to change yourself because of what others are doing with their bodies. I have said this countless times before and will continue to say it. I do not care. Love yourself for who you are, for what you have, for what you got. Don't put your body through hell just to fit a certain image. Think about it this way: When thick thighs and fat asses come back in style for the 1000th time, what are you gonna do then? Go get a BBL? Change your body again? And when being skinny comes back once more, what are you gonna do? Change your body AGAIN? Spend so much money to take out that BBL? 

Not to be so blunt, but seriously. PUT. YOURSELF. FIRST. 

These trends come and go all the time. Yes, it may be triggering right now, but don't let it get to you. You are perfect the way you are. Believe me, I'm not the type to lie to your face. 

Before I go, be sure to ask yourself if what you are doing is to satisfy others or yourself. If it's neither of those, then what is it? This can be applied to anything, but it's a critical question to ask here.


Be safe and kind to yourself. 

ann   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Island's Obvious Racism: Fans and Production

Look, I adore Love Island. I've been posting non-stop rant videos on my spam IG account for days now. However, something is painfully ob...