Before I say anything else, I want to clarify that this is not targeting any of my current friendships or romantic relationships. This is also not advice, as I am not a licensed psychologist, so just think instead of doing after reading.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Lately, I have been doing a lot of thinking. I wonder if some friendships are bound by nostalgia. And maybe that is true. There's no real connection- just nostalgia. The good things of the past make the "good" of today, if that makes sense.
I've also wondered this about those who are still in close contact with their exes. One of you, sometimes, both of you, is still so stuck in the past that you understand you can't be romantically together but still close- platonically, of course.
The thing is, while that sounds nice, it is not. In friendships, you disregard how someone makes you feel because you guys have such a long history together. You feel the need to constantly take them back because you're scared of losing that "sacred" friendship you two once shared. But my thing is, we are constantly growing. And, with that growth, we have to leave some things behind. You need to be okay with that, too.
I can't speak too much on the exes thing as I try to keep mine at a distance. But I'd imagine that process works very similarly. I feel as if there's always that chance of one of you becoming reattached, then delusional, then acting on that delusion, and inevitably, ruining that connection you tried to hold close. That's a story for another time, though. My initial point about the exes is this: you're only keeping them close because of nostalgia. Not always that thought of "Oh, maybe we will get back together in the future!", no. Just nostalgia. Just history. And like I said about friendships, it's okay to let that shit go. Your story ended a long time ago, so why hold onto it? Let yourself breathe and find new connections despite how bad it may hurt to give up on those you've had around for so long.
I don't like this feeling. But growth is inevitable. CHANGE is inevitable.
I hope this all makes some sense; it's been on my mind for a couple of months now.
bye bye
No comments:
Post a Comment