I was lying in bed, recalling hard times...like I usually do. I'm grateful for my ability to be able to laugh at my tragic past; however, more recent things I cannot really...laugh at right now, despite how bad I truly want to.
BUT! I can say this: embarrassment saved my life, and God, am I thankful!
There was a time when I really wanted to go. I can't even process what I felt that night right now. You know what saved me, though? The thought of people laughing at me for killing myself over...while traumatic, the dumbest thing. Like, I could not fathom that. I got my ass up and went to bed after that. You can laugh, it's funny!
I've had even more extreme times in the past, but again, that embarrassment saved me.
Let that fear of being perceived a certain way prevent you from changing your life forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment